December 19, 2008

Woodshedding

I'm going to be quite busy, locked up, alone, making some sounds come to fruition. I have a show coming up on New Years eve, and I insist on it being awesome. It will be my first live performance since leaving my former band, but if you liked Tea For Julie, this music may not make any kind of sense to you, but I'm really feeling it. I'm feeling good, but I won't be ready to perform until I feel good the way wild beasts do. Hopefully, by the day of the show my viola will be totally afraid of me when I approach it. I'm also making a theremin type device from scratch and my friend Alex Miel will be joining me at a point in my set to draw (like with a pencil) some live sounds right before your eyes. Art that speaks as it is born. All of this is such a long time coming.





No comments:

Post a Comment