December 17, 2008

Somewhere I wish I had been.



1992 - Secret Solo Show at the White Horse, Hampstead
January 5th


'Rid Of Me' and the accompanying '4-track Demos' by Polly Jean Harvey are my personal favorite records of alllllll time. Unwaveringly.
Those songs changed my life.
Every year, on my birthday, I listen to both from beginning to end.
I named my dog after her for christ sake.

Here we get a chance to see Ms Harvey working these songs live alongside earlier songs from 'Dry', well before the release of her demos or the Albini album sessions and without a band. It's like spotting a live tiger in the jungle. Awesome. A little bit frightening, but mesmerizing.

The set:

Rid Of Me
Dress
Hair
Highway 61 Revisited
Sheela-Na-Gig
Missed
Man-Sized
Dry
Satisfaction

FLAC files are fully lossless audio codec files. This means they are high quality, larger files. They are worth it sometimes. This is one of those times. Dozo.

3 comments:

  1. 1992 - Secret Solo Show
    http://www.zshare.net/download/52910552b939bd0b/

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know, i've never really given PJ Harvey much of a chance to impress me and it might be too late at this point, but i'm gonna check this out.

    ReplyDelete