January 8, 2009

A few blogs I haven't mentioned. Til' now.


Tales From America


This is a blog from my good, old friend Alex Miel who provided art to the Sorority House for our New Years Eve show. Mostly an archive of political cartoons he worked on during the primary season, it will also house scans of much of the work he had made for the show and, if he decides to, will probably be the internet home of whatever cool thing he decides to do next.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



It's Easy Eating Green


This one is made by Alex's wife Marissa and is loading up with her delicious, delicious homemade foodstuffs. I have been on the receiving end of many of her meals and must say... yum. Fucking yum.
Homegirl doesn't fuck around.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Spokane Skeptic


As I've mentioned, I grew up in Spokane, WA. Nick here did as well. In fact we even went to the same High School, and maybe even the same junior high. (Salk Nick? Or Glover?) Anyway, we shared many classes and had some mutual friends and though we were never best friends or anything I always really liked Nick and had fun when we got to hang out. I also have always really appreciated his sense of outrage over the state of our hometown. I've followed his blogging activity for quite a while and really enjoy his sense of humor and his insight. Even if you don't live in Spokane you'll find something to like here.




4 comments:

  1. Thanks D! You're welcome to my homemade foodstuffs anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We both went to Salk, but we go as far back as Tessera with Mrs. Keeling. Remember those days? I remember on one occasion we got to have a little mock election using real voting booths. Our class voted overwhelmingly in favor of Michael Dukakis over George H.W. Bush. We really were gifted...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I totally remember that! They interviewed me on the news about that. Ahhhh Tessera. Do you remember the time Ms Keeling put us through that mock alien abduction? I remember some girl crying and having to leave. What the hell was that all about?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I don't remember that at all! Maybe it wasn't a mock abduction. Perhaps Mrs. Keeling was an alien.

    ReplyDelete