January 8, 2009

Hot Lemon Water


Every day for the past two weeks or so I have been starting the day with a glass of hot water with an entire lemon squeezed into it. No sugar.
This will supposedly keep my system alkalised and at the correct PH level as well as purifying my blood and liver, and being a source of vitamin C.
This also keeps me from gobbling up sugary coffee first thing in the morning, as I find the whole experienced just as eye opening and, arguably, more delicious.
I'll actually go ahead and suggest this.
It's cheap and can't hurt you. Yum.

2 comments:

  1. how do you squeeze the lemon exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cut it in half then smooooosh the juice out of each side into the cup. Then I throw the rest of the lemon in the cup. The rind contains what's called among cooks "lemon zest" so you want it in there. Since the rind is going right in the cup, you should wash it to keep contaminants like pesticides, waxes, soaps and inks from infusing into your water.

    ReplyDelete