December 7, 2008

Evan @ Lola's 2002

This one is a request. Once upon a time I was in a band called Tea For Julie. While I was in that band, we had occasion to open for the talented and extremely stony and friendly Mr. Evan Dando. This was, I believe, in 2002? I had learned the bass parts for the set about a week before the show and I was a bit nervous as it was a near sold out show at Lola's room, and I really didn't want to be playing bass in that band anyway. Yikes. Anyway, it all worked out and a great time was had by all. We recorded Evan's set for him with a single Groove Tube condensor mic plugged into a Vestax VF-16, (with his permission) so don't expect it to sound super amazing. :) Playing with him on this tour were: Juliana Hatfield on Bass, Chris Brokaw on guitar, and a sweet drummer.




Evan Dando - Live @ Lola's Room
Portland, Or 07/14/2002


Evan, if you would like this removed let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Evan Dando - Live @ Lola's Room
    Portland, Or 07/14/2002

    http://www.badongo.com/file/12381802

    ReplyDelete